This senior individual contributor position develops, curates, and produces a variety of written content, in English or other languages as appropriate, and develops and executes creative strategy from idea generation to completion in collaboration with creative leadership.
Additionally, this role ensures the creative strategy compliments and amplifies organizational initiatives by monitoring and recommending modifications to strategy to ensure effectiveness and discussing requirements and core messages with project lead.
- Practices self-development and ionclub promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinating resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective business decisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Develops, curates, and produces a variety of original written content in English or other languages as appropriate for a variety of media channels/platforms by communicating with clients to determine expectations for content; reviewing and interpreting creative and/or advertising briefs; determining type of writing most effective for specific outlets and audiences; writing clear and persuasive content; editing and proofreading content; coordinating with design to complement the copy with visual elements; ensuring optimization of all content for search engines as appropriate; and revising content based on feedback from business partners and other stakeholders.
- Develops ideas and concepts for short and long form content by brainstorming strategies for relaying relevant messaging to target audience; developing new and unique concepts for transforming ideas into writing; creating and presenting compelling ideas to business partners and other stakeholders; collaborating with creative leadership; exploring different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the creative team; and presenting initial ideas to creative leadership.
- Conducts research relevant to assigned projects in order to ensure understanding of audience, markets, and project objectives by developing an understanding of the target topic; how the topic will influence the audience; determining what makes the topic appealing to the target audience; and keeping abreast of competitors and market trends to avoid similar executions.
- Develops and executes creative strategy from idea generation to completion by ensuring the creative strategy complements and amplifies organizational initiatives; monitoring and modifying strategy to ensure effectiveness; collaborating with cross-functional teams; ensuring content is compliant with legal and regulatory standards; developing, maintaining, and protecting the KP brand voice; interpreting style guides and consulting stakeholders on brand execution; and articulating creative strategy while discussing requirements and core messages with project lead.
- Minimum One (1) year experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field and Minimum Five (5) years experience in communications, writing, marketing, or a directly related field. Additional equivalent work experience in a directly related field may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- One (1) year in health care or another heavily regulated industry (e.g., Banking).
- Three (3) years project management experience.
- Two (2) years experience working in a matrixed organization.
- Three (3) years professional experience in community management and the development of social media content.
- Three (3) years professional experience in the development of digital or multi-media content.
- Two (2) years experience in change management or communications support.
- Two (2) years experience working in an organization with union represented employees.
- Four (4) years technical writing experience.
- Four (4) years commercial, promotional, or marketing writing experience.
- Four (4) years journalism experience.
- Masters degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Humanities, Business, Social Science, or related field.
TITLE: Writer/Copywriter IV
LOCATION: Hyattsville, Maryland
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.