Multimedia Production. It’s a term you may have already heard thrown around quite a bit, whether in corporate meetings or your child’s classroom. But what exactly does it mean? And how can multimedia production expand and complement the product you already have?
In basic terms, multimedia production is any sort of production that uses imagery and a combination of text, audio, and graphics to tell a story. This story might be the sale of a product, or it might be the narration of an event. It can be educational or it can be artistic or both, or all of the above. There is no required format for multimedia production; there is no set formula. There are unlimited ways to approach it and incorporate it into any model.
The Benefits of Multimedia Production in Video
The specific benefits of multimedia for marketing, creative and commercial purposes are numerous and absolutely unlimited. Here are some of the major benefits we’ve seen with multimedia production at One Productions:
- Dimension ‒ Multimedia adds dimension to projects. By definition it is nonlinear meaning it can be accessed by its audience in a variety of different ways and orders.
- Accessibility ‒ Multimedia makes content more captivating for the viewer in ways that nonlinear media doesn’t, from dynamic information presentation to simplification of complex concepts as well as catering for a range of learners.
- Rich Content ‒ Multimedia adds depth to traditional media without distracting from the foundation information of the package; it complements and enriches increasing the overall reach of the concepts.
- Informative & Engaging ‒ Multimedia has become a normalised component of viewer’s information consumption habits across platforms and contexts. Now by default, people seek all different kinds of multimedia as a means of illustration and clarification rather than basic text and graphics. In fact, the rise and dominance of multimedia like video with data showing more than 50% of people not only trust visual content over text, they prefer it.
- Customisation ‒ Multimedia is highly customisable and it shines as a means for communicating dense information in an easily digestible content package.
One of the simplest and most effective ways to work with multimedia is with video to make your media production a multimedia production.
Integrating Multimedia with Marketing, Promo & Creative Video Content
Video is a visual medium, so it pairs especially well with text-based content. While narrative text can be excellent on its own, video may serve to engage your audience longer. Online news outlets, in particular, are using this method to attract readers. Including video with news stories not only makes the news more comprehensive, it involves its audience longer increasing the chances of viewers staying with that news source rather than clicking away.
Cannon Hygiene Animation Promo Video
The news is not the only form of media that is including video alongside its text. Audio broadcast media, such as radio and podcasts, are turning to video more and more frequently to accompany their programs. These videos can come in the form of behind-the-scenes footage, extended interviews, and exclusive footage, to name a few options. The addition of video to an audio program gives interested listeners an incentive to further explore a story and to satiate the inevitable desire to add a visual aspect to the aural. In the case of shows like these, video does not detract from their original impact, but rather add to them by including an optional visual component.
Multimedia Video Production ‒ Embed and Upload Across Platforms
Multimedia production is continually evolving and extends across platforms into unexpected types of media. Even mediums that are traditionally strictly textual, such as books, are starting to find ways to use multimedia production to their advantage. Especially with the advent of digital reading, book sales benefit greatly from the inclusion of multimedia. A new trend for book publishers is to release short video for books, to give potential readers a visual cue to purchase.
You, too, can broaden the scope of your story by illustrating, expanding, and elucidating text by means of video. There are no rules or boundaries for how Login Sicbo Online video can complement and extend your message.
Irish Blood Transfusion Service Information Video
What next for Your Video and Multimedia Services?
The multimedia and video market is changing every single day across every industry. Get creative with your own projects and make sure to tell us (or show us on social media!) how multimedia production is working for you!
- Check out our video planning services,
- Take a look at some of our previous work,
- or simply talk to us today to get started on your project!